Different foods contain nutrients and substances that help the body in one way or another to function properly. However, the same substances can cause health problems, especially when taken in excessive amounts or when the food containing them is not prepared well before eating.
Lectins are among these kinds of substances. They are specialized proteins found in fruits, vegetables, grains, and seafood. One example of a lectin is gluten – found in wheat.
If there was an easy way to avoid these foods, then it would be easier to avoid the effects of lectin’s interaction with cells in the body. But few people can completely avoid fruits and vegetables and grains, for example, in their diets.
Therefore, there is a need to look for other ways of controlling the actions of lectins that cause health problems. One effective method of doing so is using Gundry MD Lectin Shield, a formula that was discovered recently by Dr. Steven Gundry.
What is Gundry MD Lectin Shield?
Gundry MD Lectin Shield is a nutritional supplement comprising of natural ingredients that help the body to combat the effects of lectins on the digestive system. It addresses all the symptoms of lectin damage to the body including bloating, fatigue, and weight gain.
The anti-lectin support provided by Lectin Shield makes digestion of food easier and results to improve overall body health and well-being. This supplement comes in a capsule and everyone can take it.
How to Use Gundry MD Lectin Shield?
Dr. Gundry recommends taking two capsules with a meal two times a day for maximum effectiveness. A user should take not more than four capsules per day. Lectin Shield capsules are very easy to swallow.
You should not open the capsules before swallowing to avoid chemical reactions and discomfort in the mouth. If used as per the instructions, Gundry MD Lectin Shield produces observable results within 2-3 weeks.
How Does Gundry MD Lectin Shield Work?
Lectin Shield mainly focuses on neutralizing the effects of lectins on the digestive system and on general body health. It does so by combining the action of 9 natural ingredients as explained below:
Gundry MD Lectin Shield Ingredients
1. N-Acetyl Glucosamine is a chemical obtained from the outer shells of shellfish and help to protect the stomach lining and intestinal walls from the negative effects of lectin action. N-Acetyl Glucosamine also improves joint health.
2. Bladderwrack is a special type of seaweed and extracts from this plant have many medicinal uses such as treating heartburn, constipation and other digestive disorders. It contains substances such as iodine (useful for treating various thyroid disorders) and algin, a laxative that eases passage of stool through the bowels. Bladderwrack in Lectin Shield also boosts the immune system and provides an increase in energy.
3. D-mannose is a kind of sugar used in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions including carbohydrate-deficient glycoprotein syndrome, which is an inherited metabolic disorder. Also, it prevents the development of certain kinds of bacterial infections in the urinary tract.
4. Okra Extract provides fiber and a natural solution to help with constipation. It also contains vitamin A and flavonoids that render it an antioxidant. Okra also has antibacterial properties.
5. Sialic acid also called Mucin: Sialic acid binds to lectins found in wheat and berries and inhibits their action. It forms a slippery barrier that protects the inside of the digestive track thus improving the digestion process.
6. Sodium Alginate contains Alginic acid that when taken with food, it creates a foam barrier to coat the stomach. It helps to avoid many lectin-related problems and makes passing stool easier. Alginic acid is also used to make antacids.
7. Methylsulfonylmethane is a chemical whose function in the body is to supply sulfur to make other chemicals in the body. It helps to reduce joint pain.
8. Vegetable Peptase fights against lectin action of inhibiting peptidase, the enzyme responsible for breaking down proteins. It, therefore, assists in the digestion of proteins.
9. Arabinogalactan provides dietary fiber and lowers cholesterol. The fiber ferments in the intestines and increases intestinal bacteria to improve the functioning of the digestive tract. It is also claimed to boost the immune system.
Gundry MD Lectin Shield Benefits
The health benefits of Lectin Shield can be summarized as:
– Reduces gas, bloating, constipation and diarrhea
– Supports intestinal health
– Helps to maintain healthy circulation
– Encourages digestive strength, helps to curb cravings and avoid excessive weight gain
– Offers additional protection to the joints, skin, and thyroid
– Improves the body’s immune system and helps to avoid certain types of urinary tract infections
As more research on the effects of lectin on the body continues, more benefits of lectin inhibition are being discovered. Study results have indicated that taking supplements containing lectin-inhibiting substances helps to improve the condition of patients who are at risk of heart disease.
However, there are no clinical tests that have been done to confirm the effectiveness of Gundry MD Lectin Shield in improving the conditions of heart disease patients.
Side Effects While Taking Gundry MD Lectin Shield?
Generally, Lectin Shield doesn’t have side effects. But since people’s health needs are unique. Some users have reported side effects such as allergic reaction symptoms. If you are allergic to shellfish, especially, you should not use Gundry MD Lectin Shield. This is due to the presence of N-Acetyl D-Glucosamine that is extracted from shellfish.
Bladderwrack also contains iodine in considerable amounts and individuals with concerns about increasing the levels of iodine in the body should take caution when using this supplement. It’s always wise to consult your doctor before using any medicine or supplement to minimize chances of suffering from adverse effects.
Should You Buy Gundry MD Lectin Shield?
Most of the foods we eat, even the ones considered healthy such as fruits and vegetables, contain varying amounts of lectins. Legumes contain a higher amount of lectins than most of the other food types. It is almost impossible to avoid these foods and thus the effects of lectins in the body.
Using Gundry MD Lectin Shield helps to protect the body against these effects while giving the body a chance to benefit from the greater good offered by fruits, vegetables, grains, and seafood.
Gundry MD Lectin Shield comes with a guarantee of quality as it is manufactured in a GMP approved facility after an extensive research by one of the best doctors in the US. It also has a 90-day money back guarantee so you can return the unused capsules to the manufacturer for a full refund in case you feel unsatisfied with the results.
Have you used Gundry MD Lectin Shield? Thinking about giving it a try? We want to know what you think! Please leave a comment down below.